Pelham Examiner

Filed under Schools, Showcase

Ground broken for Siwanoy School’s new outdoor classroom

From+left%2C+Former+Board+of+Education+member+and+PTA+President+Tom+Imperato%2C+Siwanoy+PTA+President+Jennifer+Hawks+Bland%2C+Siwanoy+Principal+Susan+Gilbert%2C+Superintendent+Dr.+Cheryl+Champ+and+Hannah+Resnick+of+the+Siwanoy+Outdoor+Classroom+Committee.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

From left, Former Board of Education member and PTA President Tom Imperato, Siwanoy PTA President Jennifer Hawks Bland, Siwanoy Principal Susan Gilbert, Superintendent Dr. Cheryl Champ and Hannah Resnick of the Siwanoy Outdoor Classroom Committee.

The groundbreaking ceremony to mark the beginning of construction of the outdoor classroom was held Nov. 19 at Siwanoy School next to the Kindergarten playground just off of Manor Lane.

The outdoor classroom is expected to be finished this coming spring.

Attending were Principal Susan Gilbert, Pelham Superintendent Dr. Cheryl Champ, PTA members Andrea Gottfried and Hannah Resnick, and the Siwanoy fifth graders, some of whom took pictures and notes for the school newspaper.

Nature Explore is the company that designed the outdoor classroom to be a fun, nature-based place for kids to go to learn about the great outdoors.

About the Writer
Caroline Gammon, Staff Reporter

Caroline Gammon is a fifth grader at Siwanoy School.  She enjoys playing soccer and basketball, and in her free time, loves to bake, write stories, do...