Picture House to host 2019 Future Filmmaker’s Film Festival on April 28

Editor’s note: This press release was provided by the Picture House Regional Film Center.

April 12, 2019 – Pelham, NY To highlight the diverse creative talent of Westchester’s teens, The Matthew S. Hisiger Film Foundation, The Picture House Regional Film Center (TPH), and Westchester County are presenting the 2019 Future Filmmaker’s Film Festival on Sunday, April 28th from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the Picture House’s iconic theater, 175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham, NY. Drawing students from across the County, the Future Filmmaker’s Festival spotlights short films from narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, and musical categories, wholly created and produced by Westchester County high school students. The festival – which is celebrating its tenth anniversary of being held at The Picture House – culminates with an awards ceremony when the “Chester” – Westchester’s Oscar – will be awarded to the top three film submissions in multiple categories. Festival submission guidelines require that students attend either an accredited Westchester County high school or bona fide County film program. Films submissions cannot exceed 7 minutes and will be accepted on a rolling basis through April 12, 2019. Films can be submitted directly online at https://filmfreeway.com/TheFutureFilmmakersFilmFestival

“Chester” award winners at the 2018 Future Filmmaker’s Film Festival.

“We are so excited to be celebrating our 10th anniversary of hosting the Future Filmmaker’s Film Festival at The Picture House. As the festival has grown over the years it has truly become a highly-valued, annual tradition for our Foundation,” said Dale Hisiger, Executive Director of the Matthew S. Hisiger Film Foundation and former Board Member of The Picture House.

“We are so grateful for all of the support Dale and the Foundation have given to bolster our education programs through the years and are looking forward to celebrating our 10th year of hosting The Future Filmmaker’s Film Festival,” said Laura deBuys, President and Executive Director of The Picture House Regional Film Center. “The Picture House’s varied education program provides students of all ages and backgrounds with the opportunity to explore the art of cinema and the Future Filmmaker’s Festival is yet another extension of this vibrant programming.”

For more information or to submit a film, contact Dale Hisiger at [email protected] or call (914) 220-2482.

Tickets will be available at www.thepicturehouse.org and at The Picture House box office on the day of the event; cost is $7/adults, $3/students, children under 5/free. On Sunday, April 28th, free parking is available on the street and at the Pelham Metro-North train station which is within walking distance of The Picture House.

###

ABOUT THE MATTHEW S. HISIGER FILM FOUNDATION

When Byram Hills High School sophomore Matthew Hisiger died in a car accident in February 1999, he left behind a community inspired by his passions. Intent on pursuing his dream of screen writing, directing and filmmaking, Matt had already been accepted to the New York Film Academy for that summer. To carry on Matt’s legacy, his family, supported by his teachers, his friends and his community formed the Matthew S. Hisiger Film Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to nurturing high school students who have an interest in filmmaking, screenwriting and videography.  Please visit www.mshff.org for more information.

About The Picture House Regional Film Center

Since 1921, The Picture House Regional Film Center (TPH) has served as a cultural center and community hub and is the oldest, continuously running movie theater in Westchester County. Thanks to an extensive renovation and the addition of state of the art technology, TPH is also a thriving regional film center providing dynamic film and education programs to a diverse and multi-generational audience in Westchester County and beyond. In the 300-seat Main Hall and the luxurious 14-seat Screening Room, audiences see the best in new, independent, and classic cinema. TPH education programs provide students of all ages with the opportunity to learn about the art, science, and business of film. A community-based, mission-driven, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, The Picture House is located at 175 Wolfs Lane, Pelham, New York, 10803. Contact us at www.thepicturehouse.org, [email protected], or (914) 738-3161.