Pelham Examiner

Filed under Latest News, Showcase

GOP Town Councilman McLaughlin heads full slate in run for supervisor; Dems seeking two board seats and town justice post

Back to Article
Back to Article

Anthony22 at en.wikipedia

Anthony22 at en.wikipedia

Anthony22 at en.wikipedia

Republican Town Councilman Dan McLaughlin will run unopposed for town supervisor to replace Peter DiPaola, who is retiring. McLaughlin heads a full slate of GOP candidates seeking office in November on what is now an all-Republican board.

The Democrats are putting up three candidates in the November election, not offering candidates for supervisor or town clerk. Maura Curtin and Kristen Burke are the party’s selections for the two open town board seats.

Incumbent GOP Councilman Blake Bell is seeking re-election, and Michelle Marcellino will be on the Republican ticket for the other open council seat along with Antoinette Clemente for town clerk.

Incumbent Republican Town Justice John DeChiaro will be opposed by Democrat Adam Kagan.

Town Clerk Amy Rios, the only Democrat in town government, is not seeking re-election.

McLaughlin is currently designated the deputy supervisor, which is not an elective title.

There will be no primaries for either party as there is only one candidate from each party for a position. In the case of some positions, none for the Democrats.

All the posts are for four-year terms, except for the supervisor and town clerk, who serve for two years. The November balloting will include candidates for Westchester County government, the Town of Pelham and Village of Pelham.

About the Writer
Ella Stern, Politics Editor

Ella Stern is a rising senior at Pelham Memorial High School. She is a captain on the varsity track and field team, an avid member of several clubs, and...